Thursday, September 26, 2013

9th Wonder - Bladey Mae (The Beat Tape) [Beat Tape] [2013]

9th Wonder - Bladey Mae (The Beat Tape) [Beat Tape] 
(Click Cover To Purchase) 

01.Beat 1 
02.Beat 2 
03.Beat 3 
04.Beat 4
05.Beat 5
06.Beat 6
07.Beat 7
08.Beat 8 
09.Beat 9 
10.Beat 10 

Bladey Mae, which contains a whopping 73 beats!

(Preview) 
9th Wonder - Bladey Mae (The Beat Tape)  

 This is just a sample of the 73 beats on the 9th Wonder - Bladey Mae (The Beat Tape). 

"This past weekend, I met my grandma, Beulah Mae Jarrett Douthit's family (my dad's mother) for the first time. My grandma passed in 1965, so I've had no connection to her at all. I listened to the elders talk about her all day. One elder in particular, her oldest niece, who's 78-years-old, told me that her nickname was 'Bladey Mae', because of the blades she carried around in the purse and pockets, to protect her children from a segregated South, one of them being my dad. I was looking for a name for a new beat tape, and that one just came out of nowhere." 

 Here's to you Beulah Mae Jarrett Douthit and the blades you carried to protect pops......'Bladey Mae'... 

- 9th Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Donation

Beat Tape Co-Op Merchandise

Instagram

Facebook

Twitter

Blog Archive